University of Arad at a Glance
- One of Europe's newest universities, founded in 1990.
- The Faculty of Medicine was added in 1992.
- Today, approximately 6000 students attend the university.
- 30 students admitted each year into the English medical program.
- The program is divided into two three-year cycles. The first three years focus on preclinical study. The last three years focus on clinical studies.
- Affiliated with Arad hospitals such as the Clinical Emergency County Hospital and the Clinical City Hospital.
- The school's credo is "By Ourselves".
then you can call, text or whatsapp us on 07985 744 460.
Study Medicine in Romania at University of Arad
One of Europe’s newest universities, the “Vasile Goldis” Western University of Arad was founded in 1990. It quickly gained a reputation for excellence and today is considered one of the finest universities to study medicine in Romania and all of Europe. The Arad university initially began with two faculties, including law and marketing. The Faculty of Medicine was added in 1992. Today, approximately 6000 students attend the university.
The six-year medical program at the Arad university is offered in English, as wells as Romanian and French. Students are required to take a one-year preparatory class to learn Romanian, which is necessary for when students begin treating patients. The Arad university programme is divided into two three-year cycles. The first three years focus on preclinical study, covering fundamental and theory in addition to research and lab work. The last three years focus on clinical studies, including surgical and hospital experience. The school is affiliated with Arad hospitals such as the Clinical Emergency County Hospital and the Clinical City Hospital.
The school’s credo is “By Ourselves” and this philosophy is evident by the teaching standards. Not only does the Arad university facilitate career training, but also personal achievement and social recognition. Upon completion of medical study, students graduate with a Masters degree and the title of Physician (MD). The degree is fully recognised worldwide.
Arad at a Glance
- 12th largest city in Romania with population of about 160,000.
- One of Romania's most prosperous cities with industries that include railroad cars and food processing.
- Impressive architecture and wide variety of monuments, theatres and churches.
- Strong Jewish community. Arad Synagogue built in the early 19th century.
- Arad State Theatre hosts the Classic Theatre Festival every year.
- Offers a variety of restaurants that serve traditional Hungarian meals, most along the main Bulevardul Revolutiei.
- Kf and Mooskea are popular with students.