The Medical University of Bialystok at a Glance
- The school was founded in 1950 with the English program inaugurated in 2004.
- 96 Professors (MD, PhD), 95 Doctors (PhD) and 750 academic teachers.
- Center for Experimental Medicine is a major focus for the Medical University of Bialystok.
- Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education places the Medical University of Bialystok in the first category.
- Affiliated with well-respected teaching hospitals: University Hospital and Children's Teaching Hospital.
then you can call, text or whatsapp us on 07985 744 460.
Study Medicine In Poland at the Medical University of Bialystok
On the 3rd of February, 1950, an official decree establishing the Medical University of Bialystok in Poland as a formal educational institute in Poland. Then, in October 2004, the inaugural class of the 6-year English language MD Program began and the future has never looked so bright for international students.
Currently, the teaching staff of the Bialystok medical school comprises 85 professors, 88 doctors and about 500 academic teachers. There are currently about 300 students in the English program. Nearly 90% of all employed staff are graduates of the university, while more than 30 hold professorships or other full-time managerial positions around the world, highlighting how innovative and educationally forward the Bialystok Medical University is in its thinking and teaching of students.
Affiliated with its own Teaching Hospital of the Medical University Bialystok and the Children’s Teaching Hospital, the university continues to reinforce the advancement of research and technology as well as offering scholarships, training programs, internships and study visits to the best research and academic centres around the world. Expert lectures from visiting professors from venerable institutions like the Mayo Clinic, Harvard Medical School and University of Pennsylvania offer an international perspective.
The Medical University of Bialystok’s Centre for Experimental Medicine is one of the most advanced centres of research within Europe, allowing the study of captive animals for research and experimentation, and offering both clinical and practical applications.
Ranked as one of the best universities in Poland for international students, the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education has recognized the Medical University of Bialystok’s success in training students in the field of medicine.
Degrees from Medical University of Bialystok in Poland are recognised the world over. Students from the USA, UK, Canada and other parts of the world travel to Bialystok to be educated in this dynamic and modern program. In addition, the university is currently in discussions with several countries to set up exchange programs with universities throughout the world.
Bialystok at a Glance
- Dormitories and off-campus accommodation cost around 150 EUR per month, including bills
- Shopping iic plenty with malls, small retailers and local markets to buy fresh food, vegetables and fruits.
- One of the safest cities in Poland
- Must-see tourist attractions: Branicki Palace; Museum of Military; Supraśl - a small city near Bialystok
- Excellent nightlife for students to enjoy with great restaurants and pubs, including Zmiana Klimatu on Warszawska Street; Alchemia on Lipowa Street; and Pulp Fiction