The University of Cluj-Napoca at a Glance:
- Original medical school was founded in 1775
- After political and social changes in 1989, Medical and Pharmaceutical education at Cluj-Napoca began a rapid modernization process.
- Currently over 5,000 international students from more than 50 countries are enrolled here.
- The Faculty of Medicine is divided into 12 departments and 69 disciplines.
- The six-year general medical program results in the degree of Doctor of General Medicine (MD).
- The degree is recognized throughout the EU, the EEA, the US and many other countries.
then you can call, text or whatsapp us on 07985 744 460.
Study Medicine in Romania at the University of Medicine Cluj-Napoca
University life began in Cluj-Napoca in 1581. The original medical school was founded in 1775 and medical education continued to evolve when, in 1872, the Hungarian Faculty of Medicine became part of the recently established University “Ferencz Jozsef” of Cluj. After political and social changes in Romania in 1989, Medical and Pharmaceutical education at Cluj-Napoca began a rapid modernization process, and the Medico-Pharmaceutical Institute changed its name into the “University of Medicine and Pharmacy”. Today, the University of Medicine Cluj-Napoca is considered the most prestigious university in all of Romania.
Over the years, the university has increased enrollment of foreign students, making it a truly international institution. It has offered the study of medicine in Cluj-Napoca in English since 1997. Currently, there are over 5000 students attending the school from over 50 countries in its three faculties. Its mission is to enhance the quality and human and professional excellence with every new student.
The Faculty of Medicine is divided into 12 departments and 69 disciplines. At the conclusion of the six-year general medical program, students are awarded the degree of MUDr, or “Medicinae Universae Doctor” (M.D.) – Doctor of General Medicine. From the beautiful campus to the historic citadel of Transylvania, students who choose to study medicine in Cluj-Napoca will gain a truly rewarding experience.
Cluj-Napoca at a Glance
- Cluj-Napoca is the unofficial capital of Transylvania in northwestern Romania.
- Has a vibrant arts scene including classical concerts, theater, music performances from jazz and pop to electro.
- Capital of the district of Cluj and the north-western economic region.
- The center of town is characterized by architecture from the Middle Ages to the 21st century.
- In 2015, Cluj-Napoca was the European Youth Capital.
- Cluij-Napoca offers plenty of nightlife including cinema, discos, and bars.