Lithuanian University of Health Sciences At A Glance
- LUHS was established as what it is today after a merger with the Lithuanian Veterinary Academy.
- The degree is recognised in the whole of Europe, USA and other countries. The Medicine degree has been adjusted to the Bologna-Process.
- 377 students at the University from more than 30 countries.
- 2 Academic Departments: The Academy of Medicine and the Academy of Veterinary Medicine.
- Problem-based learning is at the centre of teaching and learning at this university.
- Affiliated with Hospital Kauno Klinikos with more than 1,200 highly qualified doctors.
- An active participant in the ERASMUS exchange programme.
then you can call, text or whatsapp us on 07985 744 460.
Study Medicine in Lithuania at the Lithuanian University of Health Sciences
The Medical Academy of the University of Health Sciences of Lithuania has a long and varied history. To this day, it continues the tradition of the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Lithuania, founded in 1922. The name of the university has changed several times: From 1989, the institution was called the Kaunas Medical Academy; in 1998 the Faculty of Medicine received an independent academic status University of Kaunas and became the Medical University of Kaunas” (SMEs). In June 2010, the SME merged with the Lithuanian Veterinary Academy, creating the most significant educational institution for medicine in Lithuania.
Today, the Academy of Medicine comprises five faculties: Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Health Care and Health and Nursing. The facility is supplemented by the University Hospital and five research institutes of the Kaunas medical institute. Thus, the Kaunas university of medicine hospital is not only the largest medical institution in Lithuania but the entire Baltic region. Every year, more than 78,000 patients are treated here.
In addition to human medicine, the university offers the study of dentistry and veterinary medicine. The 5-year course of dentistry is entirely in English and is internationally known for its innovative treatment methods. In turn, the Lithuanian University of Health Sciences Kaunas Veterinary Clinic offers the best conditions for an international career in veterinary medicine.
What distinguishes the Lithuanian University of Health Sciences is its innovative teaching style. Problem-based learning is an important feature that shapes the entire curriculum.
Since 1990, 800 international students from 53 different countries have already obtained an academic degree from the Lithuanian University of Health Sciences Kaunas – and the number is increasing.
Kaunas at a glance
- With about 300,000 inhabitants, it is the second largest city of Lithuania.
- Lively student life
- Must-See sights: Old Town, Kaunas Castle, Town Hall, Museum of Lithuanian Aviation, Mykolas Žilinskas Gallery.
- Kaunas is a paradise for cyclists: In and around Kaunas there are bike paths with a length of over 47 kilometres.
- Other Activities: Adventure Park "Lokės pėda" and UNO Park.
- The best places for shopping: Acropolis shopping centre, central market of Kaunas, commercial town Urmas.
- Cost efficient for students. It is estimated that you would pay around 57% less for accommodation here than in other EU countries.