The University of Naples Federico II At A Glance
- The school was founded in 1224. English language medical school opened in 2015.
- With around 78,000 students and 5,300 employees, the university is one of the largest in Italy.
- The University is divided into 13 faculties, one of which is the Faculty of Medicine and Surgery (Scuola di Medicina e Chirurgia).
- The English-language study program of Medicine and Surgery runs six years (12 semesters).
- The focus of the school is to provide scientific, theoretical and practical skills along with decisional autonomy, providing the necessary skills for success in the medical profession.
- The school uses a multidisciplinary and integrated approach to disease prevention and health promotion.
- Internships and clinical units are an essential part of the course.
then you can call, text or whatsapp us on 07985 744 460.
Study Medicine in Italy at the University of Naples Federico II
One of the newest English medical schools on the scene, the University of Naples Federico II started its English language Medical and Surgery program in 2015 with 20 students enrolled. While it may be new to teaching medicine in English, the University of Naples Federico II has an overall reputation for academic excellence gained in its nearly 800 years of existence. The Federico II university is located in one of the most beautiful cities on the planet. With an overall student population of 78,000, it is one of the largest universities in Italy.
The aim of the new English-language study program of Medicine and Surgery is to produce professionally competent doctors who practice medicine in a patient-oriented manner and according to the latest standards of science. The focus of the 6-year training is, above all, on the individual development and education of the students.
During study at University of Naples Federico II, participants will develop not only relevant expertise but also social responsibility and be able to meet the health needs of individuals and communities in a continually changing world.
The medical program is aimed equally at EU citizens and prospective students from outside EU countries. What makes the course so special is the vertical and horizontal integration of basic classes and clinical units.
A particular focus is on communicating and developing clinical skills. Which helps to evaluate clinical and scientific findings expertly. At University of Naples Federico II, small learning groups, practical laboratories, seminars, workshops and internships help to process the learning in the best possible way and to promote the transfer into professional practice.
Naples at a glance
- With almost 1 million inhabitants, it is the third largest city in Italy.
- Considered the most historically significant city in Europe. Since 2011 it has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- The famous Pizza Margherita, named after Queen Margherita, was invented here.
- Naples has 448 historic churches.
- Major attractions in and around Naples: Castel Nuovo, Palazzo Reale, Piazza del Plebiscito, Villa Communale and Pompeii ruins.
- Naples offers excellent shopping opportunities: Via Toledo is the longest shopping street in the city. For antiques worth a visit to the Via San Gregorio Armeno. Exclusive boutiques lure, especially in the Via Scarlatti. Also worth seeing are the markets Mercato di Antignano and Mercato di Posillipo.