The University of Pecs At A Glance
- First Hungarian university founded in 1367.
- 2000 Instructors and 20000 students.
- One of the largest universities with 10 Faculties
- 6 year program with 180 available places.
- ‘Best Practice’ Prize awarded for Internationalization in Higher Education 2017.
- Diploma is accepted by all European Union countries and several others, including the USA and Canada.
- Top-ranked as the 5th best Hungarian University.
then you can call, text or whatsapp us on 07985 744 460.
Study Medicine in Hungary at The University of Pécs
The University of Pécs is the oldest university in Hungary, celebrating 650 years since its foundation. Its roots go back to 1367, when the Anjou King of Hungary, Louis the Great established a university in Pécs. It now hosts more than 20,000 students, 2000 instructors, researchers and 10 faculties, forming one of the largest universities in Hungary, the knowledge center of South Transdanubia.
The Pécs medical university is founded on classical values, but has adapted successfully to present and future challenges. Through their Bologna training system, students at the University of Pécs medical school are part of a dynamically developing European higher education system. Each year over 3000 international students from 66 countries choose to study medicine at in Pécs, Hungary and enjoy the rich cultural diversity. The university is already part of a large network of international research institutions, partnerships and university networks.
The University of Pécs has been offering full study programs in English for more than 30 years. Medical programs include General Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy, providing complete theoretical and practical training in medicine. The diploma issued by the Pécs Medical School is accepted by all European Union countries. Choosing to study at the University of Pécs means that you will be part of a lively and truly international student environment.
Pecs at a Glance
- Fifth largest city in Hungary, located in the south-west near the border of Croatia along the slopes of the Mecsek mountains.
- Beautiful Turkish architecture in the main square are remnants of when the Ottoman Turks occupied the area.
- A European Capital of Culture in 2010.
- Many historical religious monuments such as the Remains of Sopianae and the Mosque of Pasha Quasim.
- With many vineyards in the area, Pécs is known for its sparkling wines. Check out its first champagne factory, founded in 1859, Pannonia Champagne Factory.
- It's main pedestrian street, Király street, is filled with many great restaurants.