Charles University At A Glance
- Founded in 1348. One of the oldest universities in the world.
- Over 53,000 students, including over 7000 international students.
- 5 Faculties of Medicine, 3 in Prague.
- More than 7,900 employees and 4,500 academic and research staff.
- Strong focus on enhancing its prestigious status as a research university.
- The University is the best-performing research institution in the Czech Republic.
then you can call, text or whatsapp us on 07985 744 460.
Study Medicine in the Czech Republic at Charles University Prague
Charles University Prague (CU) is one of the oldest and most respected universities in the world, especially for the study of medicine. Founded by King Charles the Fourth in 1348, Charles University is the largest and most respected university in the Czech Republic and ranks highly on several key international university rankings.
A modern and dynamic university, Charles University offers diversity and a reputation that allows students from all over the world to gain a first-class education. And for English-speaking students who want to study medicine in Prague, Charles University offers three world-class medical faculties.
Study Medicine in Prague at Charles University: First Faculty Of Medicine
Charles University First Faculty of Medicine in Prague is the oldest medical faculty in Central Europe and the largest in the Czech Republic. With over 1200 staff members and 3400 students, Charles University is a recognized leader, not just in the study of medicine in Prague, but in the entire European medical educational system.
The First Faculty of Medicine covers a full range of basic sciences and disciplines and offers several degree programs, including General Medicine, Dental Medicine, and Bachelor programmes for other specialties such as nursing.
Research is at the forefront at this nationally renowned Charles University Prague medicine institution. Clinical teaching is done mainly at the General University Hospital in Prague, with some rotations at four other central Czech teaching hospitals. Laboratories are equipped with state-of-the-art technology. And Charles University Prague’s multiple research teams are prominently featured in national projects and collaboration.
Internationally ranked, the First Faculty at Charles University Prague is a dynamic component of the European medical educational community with the overall vision of making society at large more aware of scientific and medical knowledge.
For those who want to study medicine in the vibrant capital city of Prague, enrolling at Charles University will be a wonderful experience.
Charles University Prague Medicine: Second Faculty Of Medicine
Charles University Second Faculty of Medicine was initially established as the Faculty of Children’s Medicine until 1990. Today, this prestigious university for studying medicine in Prague employs more than 3,000 medical staff, including 800 doctors, as it continues its focus on its Paediatric history.
Based at Motol University Hospital, an important institution for the study of medicine in Prague, the Faculty is known for its exceptional research record, particularly in the fields of human genetics and genomics, and for the unique student experience that it offers.
Despite its smaller size, Charles University Prague’s Second Faculty of Medicine has active and powerful connections with internationally renowned researchers and scientists across many different fields in the Czech Republic.
The Faculty successfully prepares professionals in practical medical care, particularly in Paediatric specialisations, in a state of the art teaching and learning environment that focuses on practical work. For more information on this Prague university medicine programme, click here for details.
Charles University Prague Medicine Second Faculty Of Medicine At A Glance
- One of the 4 original university Faculties.
- 3,000 medical staff, including 800 doctors.
- 1,200 students.
- Focus on specialised Paediatrics.
- Motol University Hospital is one of the largest in Europe.
Study Medicine in Prague at Charles University: Third Faculty Of Medicine
Charles University Prague’s Third Faculty of Medicine, formerly the Vinohrady healthcare campus and later established as the Faculty of Hygiene, was transformed into the current Faculty of Medicine in 1990 and a prestigious Prague university medicine institution.
The six-year full time programme of study of medicine in Prague incorporates the latest cutting-edge trends in medical education, much like other progressive medical faculties in Western Europe, and integrates a developed area of hygiene and preventive subjects.
The Third Faculty of Medicine department participates in international high-quality research projects and scientific partnerships, allowing students to learn new approaches and methods from foreign specialists. Clinical instruction is held in the faculty’s Hospital Kralovské Vinohrady, together with seven other teaching hospitals.
In 2012, the Faculty was named to the top 20 research institutions list, published by the Czech Government’s Research, Development and Innovation Council. For more on Charles University Prague medicine entry requirements and more, please click here.
Charles University Prague Medicine Third Faculty of Medicine at a Glance
- One of the 4 original university Faculties.
- Over 1,000 medical staff.
- 2,400 students.
- Focus on hygiene and preventive subjects.
- Progressive teaching style.
- In the top 20 Czech research institutions list.
Prague at a Glance
- Accommodation costs 250 EUR monthly for shared flat in a student dorm.
- Exciting nightlife and beer culture. Pubs, cafés and bars make Prague a party city.
- Prague is the proud owner of the largest castle in the world.
- Known for its famous market squares, including Old Town, Charles Square and Wenceslas Square. Charles Square was the largest town square in medieval Europe.
- Diverse and cosmopolitan culture. English is widely spoken.