The University of Rijeka Faculty of Medicine at a Glance
- University of Rijeka Faculty Of Medicine in English opened 2016.
- 9 Faculties, 3 Departments, 1 Academy.
- 17,000 students at University of Rijeka.
- 30 per semester enrollment for the Faculty of Medicine in English.
- Strong focus on internationalization to improve participation in scientific and educational mobility within the European Union.
- Adherence to strict international standards to continually improve quality of the medical education
- An internationally renowned university with many awards and accolades, domestic and abroad.
- Hospitals associated with the University of Rijeka Faculty of Medicine include: Orthopedic Hospital -Lovran. | Thalassotherapia – Opatija | Community Health Centre of Labin | Community Health Centre of Primorsko-Goranska County
then you can call, text or whatsapp us on 07985 744 460.
Study Medicine in Rijeka University Faculty of Medicine in Croatia
The oldest of the University of Rijeka faculties, the Faculty of Medicine has its roots in a strong history of medical education and innovation. The unique central Faculty building opened in 1955 and quickly established itself among the top teaching and research universities in Europe.
In 2016, the University of Rijeka commenced the Foundation of Medical Studies in English program. Drawing on its 62 years of experience, the Medical Faculty in Rijeka employs its dynamic model of systematic and organized scientific research-based orientation towards biomedicine and health care. This offers students an excellent level of education, as well as an internationally-oriented academic community.
The University of Rijeka Faculty of Medicine offers a 6-year full-time program of study at undergraduate and graduate levels to earn the 360 ECTS credits (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System) and the professionally recognized title of Doctor of Medicine (MD).
Admission to the program is undertaken by an educational assessment and a written exam in Biology, Chemistry and Physics. Students with particular pre-qualifications can be exempt from this exam. Non-native English speakers will be required to take an internationally recognized English exam. 30 students can be enrolled at the start of each semester.
Rijeka at a Glance
- Dormitory accommodation is limited. It is recommended to secure rented accommodation before arrival. Expect to pay between 150 EUR and 250 EUR for a single studio.
- Health insurance is a prerequisite for being granted temporary residency.
- Trsat Castle; Peek and Poke Computer Museum and the Farmer's Market Place are some of the can't-miss highlights.
- Fabulous walking tours are available around the city and in the beautiful countryside.
- Fun fact: Croatian Faust Vrančić constructed the first parachute called the Homo Volans in 1617.