The University of Split At A Glance
- The University of Split was founded in 1974.
- The School of Medicine at Split was founded in 1997.
- The Medical Program in English was started in 2011.
- The University has 11 Faculties, One Academy of Arts and 4 University Departments.
- The University has 24,000 students.
- The School of Medicine enrolls up to 60 students per year.
- Scientific research and international collaboration an important focus for the Split medical school.
- Croatian Centre for Global Health is based at the School of Medicine SPLIT-Students & Professors, Learn & Innovate Together.
then you can call, text or whatsapp us on 07985 744 460.
Study Medicine in Croatia at The University of Split School of Medicine
Located on the Split peninsula, overlooking the Adriatic Sea, one cannot study medicine in a more beautiful setting than the University of Split School of Medicine. Established in 1997, the Split medical school offers four teaching programs: Medicine, Dental Medicine, Pharmacy and Medical Studies in English, which was established in 2011. Each year, the school enrolls 60 students in the English program.
The University of Split School of Medicine has a proven record of excellence in evidence-based teaching in medicine and healthcare. The Split School of Medicine places a strong emphasis on clinical and practical approaches to medical care so students gain a full perspective of combining modern technological advancements with personalized care of individuals and communities. The University of Split School of Medicine offers its students an environment that encourages empirical learning and the global implications of healthcare. A formal partnership exists with the University of Ottawa in Canada and Medical College of Wisconsin in the USA.
The University of Split medical school program in English is taught over six years and, upon completion, students will have 360 ECTS credits (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System). Graduates can work as Doctors within the European Union and are eligible to apply for medical licenses from the US, Canada and other countries.
Split at a Glance
- Limited dormitory accommodation but plenty of low-cost rentals from 250 EUR and up. Utilities are usually included, otherwise expect to pay around 75 EUR per month.
- Transport is by bus; a monthly pass is 39 EUR.
- Various shopping malls can be found, the largest being City Centre One Split.
- Markets with fresh produce are everywhere.
- A health visa is a prerequisite for overseas students to obtain a visa.
- Split's history and cultural diversity have created a city of fabulous architecture and historical sites. The magnificent scenery of sea and mountains is a huge attraction to all.
- Its position as a tourist haven makes for an easy integration for foreign students, with over 49% of the population speaking English.