The University of Szeged At A Glance
- The university was founded in 1581.
- Over 7,000 employees, including 2,500 instructors and researchers.
- 25,000 students, with over 3000 ınternational students
- The focus of the school is on competitive research work.
- They offer over 700 research areas at 19 Doctoral Schools.
- Hosts the Hungarian Centre of Excellence for Molecular Medicine (HCEMM).
- Winner of the most beautiful campus in Hungary award.
then you can call, text or whatsapp us on 07985 744 460.
Study Medicine in Hungary at The University of Szeged
The University of Szeged (SZTE) is one of Hungary’s leading international higher education institutions. Located in the sunniest city of Hungary, often named the “City of Sunshine.” it has a rich history dating back to 1581. Szeged, as a cultural university town, attracts thousands of young people due to its lively, urban lifestyle and colourful festivals.
The University of Szeged Medical School has over 1000 students from countries all around the world. It has fostered strategic partnerships with a number of industry organizations, with a focus on research and development, and is a member of the European Higher Education Area (EHEA), with EU accreditation. The Szeged medical university has been running English-Language Program for over 30 years and established independent faculties for Pharmacy in 1957, and Dentistry in 1962.
The mission and purpose of the University of Szeged medical school is to “cultivate science and internationally competitive research work and to advance its research university nature”. Their research university has over 700 research areas at 19 Doctoral Schools. With many outstanding achievements, Europe’s most modern laser center is currently under construction there, together with The Hungarian Centre of Excellence for Molecular Medicine (HCEMM).
Graduates of the University of Szeged Faculty of Medicine can apply for hospital residency positions worldwide and are entitled to participate in the US Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE). Many choose to remain in Hungary to continue their professional careers.
Szeged at a Glance
- Third largest city in Hungary, known as the "City of Sunshine" for having the most sunny days throughout the year in Hungary.
- Superb shopping in the city and surrounding towns in Romania and Serbia.
- Famous Botanical gardens and thermal baths, including the famous Anna fürdő.
- Szeged has its own full season cultural program.
- Szeged Open Air Theatre Festival has been held every summer since 1931 where the Dóm square is turned into a stage.
- Famous for the spice, paprika since the 17th century.