The Study of Medicine at Wroclaw Medical University at a Glance
- Wroclaw Medical University founded in 1811; English division started in 2002.
- 10 faculties
- 26,000 students; Wroclaw Medical University English program has about 5,700 students
- The focus of the Wroclaw Medical University is on scientific research
- It is the largest and oldest university in the region
- Wroclaw Medical University has produced 9 Nobel Prize winners
then you can call, text or whatsapp us on 07985 744 460.
Study Medicine in Poland at Wroclaw Medical University
The University of Wrocław dates back to 1811, but it’s the post-World War II era when the school truly became the respected institution it is today. The first Faculty of Medicine was established in 1945. This expanded to five faculties and ten departments. With the addition of numerous laboratories, a natural museum and the first English division in 2001, the Wroclaw Medical University has become the largest university in the region.
Today, the focus of the university is on scientific research, with many links to institutions in Poland and the world over. With over 26,000 students and 1,300 doctoral students, Wroclaw Medical University in Poland is famed for its world-class educational and research standards.
Students enrolled in the Wroclaw Medical University English program study for six academic years of medical, preclinical and clinical studies, meeting the European standard for medical education. Graduates receive a MD degree.
The study of medicine in Wroclaw is divided into two parts with the first two years being theoretical study in subjects such as medical chemistry, biology and anatomy. The last four years are clinical study beginning with fields like pathology and pediatrics and moving into more specialized fields such as internal medicine and neurology.
Students who graduate from Wroclaw Medical University not only gain excellent experience in practical medicine but also learn to treat patients with care and understanding.
Wroclaw at a Glance
- Student accommodation costs around 95-145€.
- A lively and vibrant city with numerous attractions and busy shopping centre.
- One of the largest university cities worldwide with a large student population.
- In 2016, it was the European Capital of Culture and hosted the European Film Awards.
- Piwnica Świdnicka in the square is the oldest restaurant in Europe.